What a successful community event organised on a budget of £50! The first urban food fest event as far as we know in Redbridge, as part of Urban Food Fortnight.
- A partnership of three groups on the estate (local residents, Commowealth Gardeners, Cranbrook Baptist Church), Ilford Transition Town and Habiba Ahmed of Amey.
- Organised in 2 months with just 5 meetings and a couple of visits to the Church cafe to look at equipment etc
- 150 diverse community members attending
- 8 food demos (cheese, yogurt, bread, pickling, fermenting)
- Donations of vegetables from local shops for the soup
- Fruit Tree audit launched and 10 trees identified as a start
- Fresh apple and pear juice made throughout the event
- Give and Take stall and recycling stall with tips on preventing food waste.
There’s no question about this now being an annual event!